Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fab Faces Find

Today I had the urge to seek out abandoned Barbies....at the local thrift store. I found one that had a "My Scene" face, but she had these weird buttons sticking out of her back....like the "vent ports" sticking out of the back of H.R. Giger's Alien.
Anyway, it seemed when I pressed the buttons, her face changed, like a little animatronic puppet. I couldn't see her very clearly because she was in a plastic bag with another doll. For $1.99 I felt I should get it. Here's how she looks now that I cleaned her up a bit and dressed her. Of course she was naked when I found her, and her hair was messy and it looked like someone had taken scissors to a part of it. Her hair is still wet in this photo because I used the boiling water method to style it....(so it's all flowing in the same direction.)


I'm going to take her to work and sit her on my desk. Since I work at an animation studio, I figure she'll fit in perfectly.
I did some research and discovered she was called Fab Faces Nolee. There were 4 in the series, made in 2006. I don't think they sold very well......mostly I'm sure because of the long buttons sticking out of her back.
The above photo by the way is one I found off the internet.....in which it is apparently VERY rare to find this doll...new in the box. I'm sure most of them are naked in Thrift Stores by now.
Below is a photo of the weird buttons.



2 comments:

Cindy's Dollz said...

Congrats on your find! It is very intersting to see what her back looks like! Thanks for showing us!

Suzanne Dargie said...

Yeah, it's a little weird looking!